KENTUCKY WATERCOLOR SOCIETY
AQUEOUS USA 2017
SHIPPING and DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS
PREPARATION and DELIVERY
1. Paintings must be properly framed, matted with neutral paper mat, under Plexiglas, and properly
wired for hanging. NO GLASS. NO BRACKETS.
2. A $20 handling fee is due from each artist of shipped works. A $10 handling fee is due for
hand-delivered works. Checks payable to "Kentucky Watercolor Society." Place check along with
return shipping label in envelope attached to hanging wire on back of painting.
NOTE: No painting will be returned or released until the handling fee is paid. There will be a $10 late
fee added and due, if your check has not been received by the end of the exhibition.
3. Framing: Do NOT use plastic corner joiners – they break during shipping. Make sure your
framer is aware that 300-lb. paper requires more tape than 140-lb. paper, to avoid slippage from the
mat during shipping.
4. Complete and attach the Painting Identification Card (see page 3 below) on the back, upper left
corner of the painting.
5. DO NOT use a wooden shipping crate. Wooden crates will not be accepted. DO NOT use
POPCORN or Packing PEANUTS. Paintings shipped in this manner will not be accepted.
6. Artists will be notified immediately if your painting has not arrived by the deadline (October 12).
7. Any accepted artist whose work is not exhibited will be ineligible for entry next year.
HAND DELIVERY: All hand delivered work must be delivered October 9-12 to Deborah Jinkins,
1050 Alta Vista Road, Louisville, Kentucky, or by special arrangement. Call 512-300-8444.
SHIPPED DELIVERY: Paintings will be received by Deborah Jinkins, October 9-12th.
Paintings shipped to arrive after October 12 will be returned, unopened.
Shipped Works Only
8. Attach the completed Return Shipping Confirmation (see page 4) to the back, upper right
corner of the painting. Mandatory information includes the size and weight of the packed crate with
9. When arranging for shipping, request a PREPAID Return Shipping Label. Your UPS or Fedex
agent can help you with this. Only shipping labels will be accepted; no carbon copies for shipping
labels will be accepted. Return shipping labels are attached when your painting is received. Your
painting will not be returned without our receipt of this prepaid label. Failure to include the prepaid
shipping label may result in additional fees. Any artist whose fees remain unpaid will not be eligible
for entry in future Aqueous USA exhibitions.
10. Crating: Use gallery approved cardboard crates, packed with foam-core or bubble wrap. NO
PEANUTS OR SPRAY FOAM. For ID purposes, write your name on the side of the carton in black ink
or permanent marker.
11. For you convenience a prepared shipping label is provided on page 4 below. Complete and
attach the Shipping Label to the outside of your crate. Ship to the address listed on the label.
Paintings sent C.O.D. will not be accepted.
12. Ship to: Aqueous USA 2017
c/o Deborah Jinkins
1050 Alta Vista Road
Louisville, Kentucky 40205
PICK-UP: The Exhibition will close December 23.No painting may be removed early.
Hand-delivered works should be picked up from Actors Theatre of Louisville, 316 W. Main St.,
Louisville, KY on January 2, 2018 from 10-12 noon(EDT). Contact Judy Egerton, 502-551-6758 if
special arrangements must be made. Shipped works will be returned beginning January 6, 2018.
All reasonable care will be given to the entries, but the Kentucky Watercolor Society and Actors
Theatre of Louisville, and their employees and volunteers, will not be responsible for loss or damage
to any works submitted. All artists are responsible for insuring their works while in transit.
RETENTION OF ENTRIES
Digital images of all accepted paintings will be retained by the Kentucky Watercolor Society for its
Exhibition presentation program and will become part of its library.
Your complimentary exhibit catalogue will probably be available at the Opening & Award Reception,
November 17, 2017. If not, it will be mailed after the opening of the show.
AQUEOUS USA 2017 AWARDS
MAJOR AWARDS INCLUDE:
MERIT AWARD. A cash or material award, selected by the juror. The paintings remain the property
of the artist. All paintings are eligible for these awards.
PURCHASE AWARD. A cash award, selected by the sponsor. The painting becomes the property of
the sponsor. No purchase award will be for less than 60% of the artist’s asking price. Paintings
marked NFS are not eligible for purchase awards.
KENTUCKY ARTIST AWARD. One cash award, chosen by the juror, selected from all the artists who
are current residents of Kentucky. The painting remains the property of the artist.
SIGNATURE ARTIST AWARD. One cash award, chosen by the juror, selected from all the artists who
have signature status membership in KWS (Members who have been accepted in three or more
Aqueous USA exhibitions while maintaining continuous membership without lapse.) The painting
remains the property of the artist.
In 2014, the Kentucky Watercolor Society gave over $8,000.00 worth of money, materials, and
purchase awards to participating artists in Aqueous USA.